Sunday 27 October 2013

I declare the weekend a bust.

Saturday has gone.  What a boring day.

Sunday, well I can't be bothered.  Living close to the south coast and with the impeding bad weather, I have done nothing with the day.  Well, aside from get into a staring contest with a hawk and mourn the loss of Lou Reed.

Okay, back up.  I what with a what?

Oh, yes.  Got into a staring contest with a hawk.  Better explain.

There is me, today, stuck at home.  Not really in the mood to go out with the beginnings of the bad weather, so in I stayed and went through some CDs.  Some live Yes, some live Genesis, some live Marillion, some live Kansas - heck, who needs studios?  Sorting out the iPod, exciting things I do.  So, whilst I'm doing this I heard this almighty crash, like something had hit my back door, well the back door to the house.  I'm sure you don't want to think the about it being another back door.  Or the sounds it might make.

So, I wonder into the kitchen and discover a hawk sitting outside having just killed a pigeon.  Now, I don't know about you, but I spend very little time with hawks.  I don't know any, never talk to them, don't write to them.  They just fly around.  So I'm not an expert.  What does the thing do?  It swivels its head and gives me the look of "so what?  I'm a hawk."  I ran off to get my camera so I could give you a look at the thing, but when I came back to take the snap, the bird had flown.  Boring day and that was it.

So, I shall sign off and say, RIP Lou Reed.  Enjoy this.


Jym

I'll try and be interesting tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment