Thursday 24 October 2013

A boring update for a boring day.

There's a level of laziness that comes over you when you are sick.  Same, well I find, during sick leave.  At the moment it is not helped by people saying things like "take it easy" or "no heavy lifting" or stop hoovering.  Add to that the malaise that come from being ill and going through chemotherapy, you start looking for things to do.

Imagine therefore how annoyed I am that I can't play my guitar properly.  With the ever so useful, but slightly uncomfortable, PICC line in my arm it's difficult to bend and I can't play the damned thing.  Also, my mandolin, but that's because the strings hurt my hands.  Maybe I should finally learn the keyboards, but that would involve having one (of course if anybody would like to give me a Korg Kronos or Roland Fantom I might be tempted to accept).  So alternate activities are required.

Someone will suggest reading, but I already do that.  Watching TV, oh dear no!  Homes Under The Hammer (yikes), Escape To The Country (please do, and get yourself caught in a cattle stampede) or the most evil of all, The Jeremy Kyle Show (about which there is not enough bile to spill in the whole history of the world).  DVDs?  Okay, if you insist.

Basically, I am bored some days.  But today, I wasn't bored.  No, today I finally caught up on my lost sleep.  Sadly I woke up to find Bargain Hunt on the TV.  Scary stuff.  Thus my Thursday has been one of doing nothing.  I had lunch, ooh exciting.  I went in to Eastbourne, bought a laser printer and wrote this nonsense.  Why is it easier to write about nothing than the interesting stuff?

But on a plus side, I feel well.  Not 100%, obviously with cytotoxins in the system, but not far off.  Too early to know about side effects, but with any luck I won't have them.  Last time I dodged that bullet, so I hope to do some dodging again.



But, to make up for the lack of interesting stuff, click the link above.  It still makes me laugh.

Jym

Oh, and hopefully I'll see some of you in London on Friday.

1 comment:

  1. Hadn't thought of the PICC line restricting the arm that way. That kinda sucks, yes.

    The only time I had anything similar was when I began losing sensation in my fingers during my first chemo. I'm a videogame tester by day, mostly working on racing titles. Trying to steer a virtual car when you cannot adequately judge how hard you're pressing the stick can be frustrating. I still get pins and needles in my hands occasionally, but by and large that sorted itself out.

    I'd imagine I still suck at playing the guitar as much as I always did, though.

    Daytime TV still as awful as I remember it, I see. :) DVD is definitely the answer. Or Netflix if your internet connection's okay.

    ReplyDelete