Wednesday 23 October 2013

Breakfast of champions

It's the morning after chemo started.  Most people are probably aware that chemotherapy is a combination of drugs, in my case it's intravenous and tablets.  I wrote yesterday about the TTOs, Tablets to Take Out, so I with that in mind I thought you'd like to see them.


There is a total of 238 tablets there.  You're thinking that's a lot of pills, well you are right.  Especially as this is for three weeks.  Twice a day for 21 days this is the breakfast and dinner of champions.  There are four types of drugs on that table, three are anti-sickness and anti-diarrhea drugs.  The rest, a total of  168 tables, of which I'll have to four in the morning and four in the evenings are called Xeloda, the commercial name of Capecitabine (Macmillan link here).  It is a chemo drug, the correct name for these types of drugs is cytotoxins.

Ladies and gentlemen, welcome to my breakfast of champions.  Poisons for breakfast, poisons for tea.

Jym

Oh, and I'll try and write some more later.

No comments:

Post a Comment